FurHaven Orthopedic Dog Bed- My Review
Product: FurHaven Orthopedic Dog Bed- NAP Egg-Crate Orthopedic Pet Mattress Deluxe Dog or Cat Bed, Water-resistant
Price- $25.00 and up
My rating– 4/5
If you have dogs I am sure you have looked for quality dog beds. I always am.
I have bought big round beds, fluffy beds, flat soft beds, you name it, we’ve tried it out. Of all those beds I only had one big round one left. The rest were eaten or destroyed.
I read a lot of mixed reviews about the FurHaven Orthopedic Dog Bed but it looked nice so I gave it a try. This is what I found-
The FurHaven Pet Mattress
I bought this bed after my cat went to the bathroom on our last dog bed. (don’t ask) I probably rushed into this purchase simply because we were down to 1 dog bed, and my dogs dont share.
This bed is one of the better ones on the market, from my experience so far. I can say its comfortable because I have curled up on it.
- The top is faux fur and is nice and plush. There is a thick foam cushion that supports joints, elbows, backs, you name it. And, I find that really important.
Think about your own sleeping habits. When you have a lumpy or old mattress, how do you sleep? Do you wake up aching? Crabby? It is the same for our dogs. Quality dog beds are really a necessity, not a luxury.
- Machine washable.
- It has a non-skid bottom so you wont wake up to your dog sleeping in a different room.
This bed promotes better circulation, relieves joint pain, and comes in several colors and sizes. I bought the smoke gray color in the jumbo size. I am sure I could have been fine with the large but I’m a sucker. 🙂
Small- 15 inches X 20 inches X 3.5 inches
Medium- 20 inches X 20 inches X 3 inches
Large- 27 inches X 36 inches X 3 inches
Jumbo- 35 inches X 44 inches X 4 inches
- Says it is good for outside use- I haven’t used it outside because I dont think I really believe that.
- The non-stick bottom- even thought I listed this as a pro, your dog can only sleep on one side so you may be washing it a lot, depending on color and your dog’s “habits”.
- Seems to be fraying a bit but I also have a dog who has tried to eat it. I can’t blame that too much on this particular bed because it doesn’t matter what kind of bed it is, she will chew it.
My Final Thoughts…
If you’re looking for quality dog beds, I personally think this is a decent purchase. I will probably continue to buy the big round beds from Costco as well though because there’s just something about those that my dogs love.
So far, I like this bed, or I should say my dogs like this bed.
They like to sleep a lot and it has taken them to dream land many times, and that is exactly what it’s supposed to do.
If you’re looking for a good dog bed, you can’t go wrong. These are also great to donate to rescues who need all the help they can get.