Finding Pit Bull friendly housing can be difficult.
If you have a Pit-Bull type dog and looking to rent, it can be really tough to find places that will allow your dog.
For me personally, I am blessed. I live in a big old house in Detroit with a fenced in back yard and a ton of space for my dogs to run. The people here really care about the neighborhood and there are dog lovers on every street.
Since not everyone is quite as lucky I decided to research Pit Bull friendly housing in the downtown Detroit area.
- The Scott at Brush Park- located in Brush Park, minutes from Wayne State University, College for Creative Studies, Detroit Medical Center and Henry Ford Health System. They have studios, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom and 3-bedroom floor plans available. Pet Policy- Maximum of 2 pets per home, combined weight limit for both pets is 100 lbs. There is a one-time pet fee of $250.
- River Place Apartments in Detroit- located in downtown Detroit right by the River Walk. Just minutes from downtown shopping, entertainment and restaurants. Easy access to I-75. Pet Policy- Max 2 breeds per unit, large dogs welcome but possible breed restrictions may apply. One time non-refundable $250 pet fee with $20 monthly pet rent.
- Riverfront Towers in Detroit– located in downtown Detroit, near the Renaissance Center, Compuware Building, DTE, Comerica Park, Ford Field, Detroit Athletic Club, Detroit Opera House, Wayne State University, University of Detroit Law, Detroit Medical Center and Henry Ford Hospital. 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, 3- bedroom and 4-bedroom units available. Pet Policy- Maximum of 2 pets allowed per home, pet care available. No breed or weight restrictions. One time non-refundable $300 pet fee per pet with monthly pet rent of $35 for 1st pet and $25 for 2nd pet.
- City Place Detroit- located in Historic Lafayette Park. In walking distance of Eastern Market, The Dequindre Cut, Comerica Park, Ford Field, Greektown and Campus Martius. Wayne State University and U of D campuses are also minutes away. Studio and 1-bedroom units available. Pet Policy- Pets accepted however possible breed restrictions may apply. Call for service animal policy.
- Elmwood Park Plaza– located minutes from Riverfront, Belle Isle and The Dequindre Cut. 1-bedroom units available. Pet Policy- dogs and cats allowed. 35 lb weight limit restrictions. Call for service animal policy.
- Cathedral Tower Apartments- located within walking distance of Wayne State University, Detroit Main Public Library, Detroit Institute of Arts, Detroit Science Center, and the Detroit Medical Center. Studio and 1-bedroom units available. Pet Policy- dogs and cats allowed. No breed restrictions that I am aware of. Call for service animal policy.
- The Albert– located downtown Detroit with outdoor balcony overlooking Capitol Park and Downtown Detroit. 1-bedroom units available. Pet Policy- dogs and cats allowed. No breed restrictions that I am aware of. Call for service animal policy.
Detroit is booming right now so there are many more pet-friendly apartments and studios available for rent.
If you have questions about a particular location, please drop me a comment.