AmazonBasics Folding Metal Dog Crate Review- Not Your Typical Dog Cages
Product- AmazonBasics Folding Metal Dog Crate
My Rating- 4/5 paws
AmazonBasics Dog Crate Overview
For most pet owners, dog cages are a must. Whether you have multiple dogs, crate a dog overnight, or crate your dog when you are out of the house, dog cages can make lives much easier.
For me, I have two dogs who don’t always get along. I went a long time without cages because I felt bad for putting them in one at all. I actually used leashes to keep them on different sides of the room. My days consisted of a lot of flipping the dogs to different parts of the room, making sure to keep them apart. I was a mess and because of that, they were too.
Because of this, and my husband telling me over and over that we needed dog cages, I bought a couple and learned how to crate train my dogs.
Why I Like the AmazonBasics Folding Metal Dog Crate
- This makes things SO much easier. There is a door at the front of the cage, like normal, but there is also a door on the side, which makes cleaning and removing bowls, blankets, etc, much easier.
- This is great if you have a puppy that does not need all of the cage room right away. Dogs don’t like soiling where they eat so using the divider will make the cage smaller and reduce chances that your pup will go to the bathroom. This is not a guarantee however it does help. This also eliminates the need for buying a new cage when your pup grows to full size.
Easy Set- Up
- Double latches, snaps into place quickly and easily
- If you need to put the cage away, just fold it up and tuck it under your bed. Also comes with a handle for easy carry.
- Rounded on the corners for no sharp edges
- Bottom comes with a thick plastic liner that can be removed in case of accidents
- Definitely enough room for my 60 lb Pit Bulls to relax and chill out. (separately) Also comes in medium and small for all size dogs.
The only negative is that the instructions came on the inside of the cage and I had a hard time snapping the divider into place.
Other than that, this is a great cage at a reasonable price.
If you’re just starting out with a new puppy or caring for your elderly best friend, these dog cages do all that they promise and I am SO happy I bought them!